As discussed previously – my first child joined the IGHN family about a month before the season started. While everyone on the staff has been very supportive – not one of them has offered to babysit. This means I’ve missed most of the first month of this NBA season.
Even though I haven’t been able to watch the games on television – I have been able to watch this season unfold on Twitter. In that vein, below is not a recap of what has happened in the first part of this young season, it is a recap of what you would think has happened had you only been paying attention to Twitter.
- The Lakers couldn’t beat Kentucky.
- Is James Harden better than LeBron James better than Michael Jordan?
- Royce White somehow got everyone to talk about something other than his pube-beard.
- Andrew Bynum’s hair is funny. Also, Andrew Bynum’s hair is funny.
- Phil Jackson asked Jerry Buss if he could coach via Skype on the bench.
- Jeff Green is the most overpaid ‘Point Forward’ in the league.
- Christian Eyenga is the most underpaid ‘FORDWAR’ in the game.
- Anthony Davis is awesome, Damian Lillard is good and some other rookies did some stuff. Maybe. Who cares.
- The Dude A-Bynums.
- Anderson Varejao is the most skilled offensive player in the league.
- Roy Hibbert is bad, Javale McGee is good, and the Mayans were right.
- Also – that Mayan joke has gotten used. A lot.
- Rajon Rondo set the NBA record for games with 10+ assists by an alien half-lizard creature.
- JR Smith improved his basketball game by quit trying to make it rain.
- Gangnam style is like NBA herpes. It keeps flaring up every few weeks.
- Kyrie Irving died.
There was also some noise about Dwight Howard and Deron Williams breaking up, but I didn’t pay much attention since I already have one baby in my life.